Friday, August 25, 2006

Interview with Paul Bassett

Recently, I just got an oppurtunity to interview the host of Living With Coffee, also World Barista Champion, Paul Bassett! What a luck. Naaah, I’m joking. It’s not me, but this interview is taken from my local cable tv magazine. My intention is to share this article and also as inspiration to anyone who have intention to be a successful barista.
After his win, Bassett became Australia’s de facto coffee ambassador. He has also cp-written and produced Living With Coffee with Paul Bassett. Bassett, a brand ambassador for BMW in Australia as well as a contributing cafe’ lifestyle editor for Men’s Lifestyle magazine is a proof that coffee can indeed make a man.
What do you think that it has suddenly become hip to drink coffee?
Bassett rinking coffee offers an oppurtunity for people to come and meet a location and share the experience of coffee, which is something that has been happening for centuries.
What’s the Australian coffee scene like?
Bassett:Australia is a multicultural country, and coffee is consumed in different ways. I would say that we have a rather advanced espresso culture in Australia. These days, the cafe is becoming the more popular alternative to the pub as a meeting point. People do not want to drink alcohol all the time.
How do you take your coffee?
Bassett:I rarely drink coffee with milk. I usually have my coffee black. The reason for this is because I like to taste my coffee. I like to know where that particular brew is from, how it’s been roasted and how it’s been brewed. I don’t even like to put sugar in my coffee. I’m a bit of a purist.(more…)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home